Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 50 million developers.Sign up
- Added EMBREE_COMPACT_POLYS CMake option which enables double indexed triangle and quad
leaves to reduce memory consumption in compact mode by an additional 40% at about
15% performance impact. This new mode is disabled by default.
- Compile fix for oneTBB 2021.1-beta05
- Releases upgrade to TBB 2020.2
- Compile fix for ISPC v1.13.0
- Adding RPATH to libembree.so in releases
- Increased required CMake version to 3.1.0
- Made instID member for array of pointers ray stream layout optional again.
- Added round linear curve geometry support. In this mode a real geometric surface for curves
with linear basis is rendered using capped cones with spherical filling between
the curve segments.
- Added rtcGetSceneDevice API function, that returns the device a scene got created in.
- Improved performance of round curve rendering by up to 1.8x.
- Bugfix to sphere intersection filter invokation for back hit.
- Fixed wrong assertion that triggered for invalid curves which anyway get filtered out.
- RelWithDebInfo mode no longer enables assertions.
- Fixed an issue in FindTBB.cmake that caused compile error with Debug build under Linux.
- Embree releases no longer provide RPMs for Linux. Please use the RPMs coming with the package
manager of your Linux distribution.
- Added collision detection support for user geometries (see rtcCollide API function)
- Passing geomID to user geometry callbacks.
- Bugfix in AVX512VL codepath for rtcIntersect1
- For sphere geometries the intersection filter gets now invoked for
front and back hit.
- Fixed some bugs for quaternion motion blur.
- RTCIntersectContext always non-const in Embree API
- Made RTCHit aligned to 16 bytes in Embree API
embree-3.8.0.x64.vc14.msi 44.1 MB
embree-3.8.0.x86_64.linux.tar.gz 84.3 MB
embree-3.8.0.x86_64.pkg 101 MB
embree-3.8.0.x86_64.rpm.tar.gz 64.3 MB
- Added quaternion motion blur for correct interpolation of rotational transformations.
- Fixed wrong bounding calculations when a motion blurred instance di
instantiate a motion blurred scene.
- In robust mode the depth test consistently uses tnear <= t <= tfar now in order
to robustly continue traversal at a previous hit point
in a way that guarentees reaching all hits, even hits at the same place.
- Fixed depth test in robust mode to be precise at tnear and tfar.
- Added next_hit tutorial to demonstrate robustly collecting all hits
along a ray using multiple ray queries.
- Implemented robust mode for curves. This has a small performance impact but
fixes bounding problems with flat curves.
- Implemented issue with motion blur builder where number of time segments
for SAH heuristic were counted wrong due to some numerical issues.
- Fixed an accuracy issue with rendering very short fat curves.
- rtcCommitScene can now get called during rendering from multiple threads
to lazily build geometry. When TBB is used this causes a much lower overhead
than using rtcJoinCommitScene.
- Geometries can now get attached to multiple scenes at the same time, which
simplifies mapping general scene graphs to API.
- Updated to TBB 2019.9 for release builds.
- Fixed a bug in the BVH builder for Grid geometries.
- Added macOS Catalina support to Embree releases.
embree-3.7.0.x64.vc14.msi 43.1 MB
embree-3.7.0.x86_64.linux.tar.gz 80.1 MB
embree-3.7.0.x86_64.macosx.zip 97.2 MB
embree-3.7.0.x86_64.pkg 96.8 MB
embree-3.7.0.x86_64.rpm.tar.gz 61.8 MB