- Fixed wrong uv and Ng for grid intersector in robust mode for AVX.
- Removed optimizations for Knights Landing.
- Upgrading release builds to use oneTBB 2021.1.1
- Changed default frequency level to SIMD128 for Skylake, Cannon Lake, Comet Lake and Tiger Lake CPUs.
This change typically improves performance for renderers that just use SSE by maintaining higher
CPU frequencies. In case your renderer is AVX optimized you can get higher ray tracing performance
by configuring the frequency level to simd256 through passing frequency_level=simd256 to rtcNewDevice.
- Added linear cone curve geometry support. In this mode a real geometric surface for curves
with linear basis is rendered using capped cones. They are discontinuous at edge boundaries.
- Enabled fast two level builder for instances when low quality build is requested.
- Bugfix for BVH build when geometries got disabled.
- Added EMBREE_BACKFACE_CULLING_CURVES cmake option. This allows for a cheaper round
linear curve intersection when correct internal tracking and back hits are not required.
The new cmake option defaults to OFF.
- User geometries with invalid bounds with lower>upper in some dimension will be ignored.
- Increased robustness for grid interpolation code and fixed returned out of range u/v
coordinates for grid primitive.
- Fixed handling of motion blur time range for sphere, discs, and oriented disc geometries.
- Fixed missing model data in releases.
- Ensure compatibility to newer versions of oneTBB.
- Motion blur BVH nodes no longer store NaN values.
- Round linear curves now automatically check for the existence of left and right
connected segments if the flags buffer is empty. Left segments exist if the
segment(id-1) + 1 == segment(id) and similarly for right segments.
- Implemented the min-width feature for curves and points, which allows to increase the
radius in a distance dependent way, such that the curve or points thickness is n pixels wide.
- Round linear curves are closed now also at their start.
- Embree no longer supports Visual Studio 2013 starting with this release.
- Bugfix in subdivision tessellation level assignment for non-quad base primitives
- Small meshes are directly added to top level build phase of two-level builder to reduce memory consumption.
- Enabled fast two level builder for user geometries when low quality build is requested.
- Added EMBREE_COMPACT_POLYS CMake option which enables double indexed triangle and quad
leaves to reduce memory consumption in compact mode by an additional 40% at about
15% performance impact. This new mode is disabled by default.
- Compile fix for oneTBB 2021.1-beta05
- Releases upgrade to TBB 2020.2
- Compile fix for ISPC v1.13.0
- Adding RPATH to libembree.so in releases
- Increased required CMake version to 3.1.0
- Made instID member for array of pointers ray stream layout optional again.
- Added round linear curve geometry support. In this mode a real geometric surface for curves
with linear basis is rendered using capped cones with spherical filling between
the curve segments.
- Added rtcGetSceneDevice API function, that returns the device a scene got created in.
- Improved performance of round curve rendering by up to 1.8x.
- Bugfix to sphere intersection filter invokation for back hit.
- Fixed wrong assertion that triggered for invalid curves which anyway get filtered out.
- RelWithDebInfo mode no longer enables assertions.
- Fixed an issue in FindTBB.cmake that caused compile error with Debug build under Linux.
- Embree releases no longer provide RPMs for Linux. Please use the RPMs coming with the package
manager of your Linux distribution.