- Added quaternion motion blur for correct interpolation of rotational transformations.
- Fixed wrong bounding calculations when a motion blurred instance di
instantiate a motion blurred scene.
- In robust mode the depth test consistently uses tnear <= t <= tfar now in order
to robustly continue traversal at a previous hit point
in a way that guarentees reaching all hits, even hits at the same place.
- Fixed depth test in robust mode to be precise at tnear and tfar.
- Added next_hit tutorial to demonstrate robustly collecting all hits
along a ray using multiple ray queries.
- Implemented robust mode for curves. This has a small performance impact but
fixes bounding problems with flat curves.
- Implemented issue with motion blur builder where number of time segments
for SAH heuristic were counted wrong due to some numerical issues.
- Fixed an accuracy issue with rendering very short fat curves.
- rtcCommitScene can now get called during rendering from multiple threads
to lazily build geometry. When TBB is used this causes a much lower overhead
than using rtcJoinCommitScene.
- Geometries can now get attached to multiple scenes at the same time, which
simplifies mapping general scene graphs to API.
- Updated to TBB 2019.9 for release builds.
- Fixed a bug in the BVH builder for Grid geometries.
- Added macOS Catalina support to Embree releases.
embree-3.7.0.x64.vc14.msi 43.1 MB
embree-3.7.0.x86_64.linux.tar.gz 80.1 MB
embree-3.7.0.x86_64.macosx.zip 97.2 MB
embree-3.7.0.x86_64.pkg 96.8 MB
embree-3.7.0.x86_64.rpm.tar.gz 61.8 MB