These addons allow you to export models to Spore using the 3D modelling software Blender 2.8. The addons include:
- RW4 Exporter: Used to export models into Spore to use them for your mods, with support for textures, materials, animations...
- ANIMATION Exporter: Used to export animations that can be played by creatures in Spore.
- GMDL Importer: Used to import Spore creations into Blender (
- RW4 Importer: Used to import most models in the game into Blender, so you can see how they are made.
(a render of creature Tau made by Deoxys, using the GMDL importer)
- How to import creations into Blender
- How to use the SporeModder Blender Addons
- Exporting creature animations from Blender
- How to export images as DDS
- Materials Guide
- Errors and how to fix them
- List of Part Animations
- Download the
SporeModder.Blender.2.8.Addons.zipfrom the latest release page.
- Open Blender, and click the Edit -> Preferences... menu.
- In the dialog that appears, go to the Add-ons tab and click the Install... button.
4. Find the
.zip file you downloaded in the File Browser, select it and click on Install Add-on from File...
5. The Import-Export: SporeModder Add-ons item will appear, enable it by clicking on the square box:
If you want to use the latest development version, download the repository as a zip using the Clone or download button in this same page. Development version might not be stable, use at your own risk.