To provide a blogging platform that can do the following:
- A blog with various templates, including images. Think iWeb type style, without the shackles.
- I want the content to remain mine (hence facebook is out)
- I want to secure certain posts, and I want to do it in layers, so some posts are for friends, some for family, some public, some for my parents friends who want to see the kids, etc. I want control.
- I want the authentication to be via openid type credentials, nobody needs to have a specific password for this site, and I will definitely never assign passwords.
- I want a draft mode where articles can languish in draft mode for years on end
- I want to be able to script things so I can quickly embed Ted talks I liked, or videos I liked, or other posts or articles. These posts may be started from my iPad, or iPod, or a browser.
- I want custom notification mechanisms, so some can live with RSS, while parents get emails, and some articles cause a tweet to go out too. That kind of thing.
- I want the content to remain on my machine (for backup purposes), in a text only format like markdown
- I want to be able to create content from my ipad, ideally if the content were published from my dropbox account that would be awesome, that way I could use any of the text editors to create it (including those on the iPad).