Your pull requests are very welcome! Let's make this the awesomest resource for Node!
- Awesome Node.js
- Environment Management
- Integrated Development Enviroments
- Package Management
- Build Tools
- Database Drivers
- Debugging Tools
- Web Frameworks
- Content Management System
- RESTful API
- Files and MIME Type Manipulation
- Authentication and OAuth
- Template Engine
- Tools for building CLIs
- Async Controll Flow
- Other Awesome Lists
Libraries for Node version and environment management.
- nodeenv - Virtual environment for Node.js & integrator with virtualenv.
- nave - Virtual Environments for Node.
- n - Node version management.
Integrated Development Enviroments
IDEs and Editors for development
- Enide - Node Eclipse IDE with Nodeclipse plugin.
- InteliJIDEA - Fast Node plugin for InteliJ.
- Atom - The hackable editor by GitHub
- Cloud9 - Web editor with collaboration tools.
- Notepad++ - Notepad++ is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages.
- CmdEr - Not really and IDE, but a great "lovely console emulator package for Windows"
Libraries for generating project documentation.
- Docco - Docco is a quick-and-dirty documentation generator, written in Literate CoffeeScript.
- Groc - Documentation generation, in the spirit of literate programming.
Libraries for package and dependency management.
- Npm - Default package manager. Installs, publishes and manages node programs.
Libraries for building and task running
- Gulp.js - A streaming build system which use of streams and code-over-configuration.
- Grunt.js - A task runner to ease epetitive tasks like unit testing, compilation and so on.
- Nodemon - A dev utility that monitor any changes in source and automatically restart server.
- Primus - An abstraction layer for real-time frameworks to prevent module lock-in.
Libraries for connecting and operating databases
- Node-mongodb-native - Mongo DB Native NodeJS Driver.
Tools for debugging Node applications
- node-inspector - Node.js debugger based on Blink Developer Tools.
- longjohn - Longer stack traces for Node.
- TypesJs - Easy type checking, for Node & browsers.
- Nodev - Tool for easier debugging based on nodemon and node-inspector.
Tools for generating and working with log files.
- caterpillar - A logging system that can log and pipe the output off to different locations.
- tracer - A powerful and customizable logging library for node.js.
- Log.io - Real time logging facility on the browser.
Libraries that implement Object-Relational Mapping or datamapping techniques.
- Sequelize - Sequelize library provides easy access to MySQL, MariaDB, SQLite or PostgreSQL databases.
- Node-orm2 - Another Relational Object Mapper.
- Mongoose - Almost an ORM for mongodb.
Web development frameworks.
- Express - A minimal and flexible node.js web application framework.
- Flatiron - An adaptable framework for building modern web applications.
- Koa - A framework which aims to be a smaller, more expressive, and more robust foundation for web applications.
- Totaljs - Friendly responsive design web application framework for node.
- Meteor - A platform that has strong features such as live page update, sync and hopt code pushes.
- Hapi - A rich framework for building applications and services.
Application Server is an environment to run and manage multiple applications.
- Impress - Impressive multipurpose scalable Application Server optimized for high load API and web applications.
Content Management System
- Calipso - Calipso is a simple CMS, built along similar themes to Drupal and Wordpress.
Libraries for developing RESTful APIs.
- Sails - MVC framework which generates a RESTful JSON API.
- Node-restify - A node.js module built specifically to build correct REST web services.
- Heimdall - REST API Guardian for Express.
Files and MIME Type Manipulation
Authentication and OAuth
Libraries for implementing authentications schemes.
- PassportJS - Simple authentication middleware framework.
Libraries and tools for templating and lexing.
- Jade - Handful node template engine.
Tools for building CLIs
Libraries and tools which support you by building Command-Line Interfaces.
- Inquirer - A collection of common interactive command line user interfaces. Ask questions, parsing, validating answers, managing hierarchical prompts and providing error feedback.
- commander.js - The complete solution for node.js command-line interfaces, inspired by Ruby's commander.
- cli-table - Pretty unicode tables for the CLI with Node.JS
- blessed - A curses-like library for node.js.
- chalk - Terminal string styling done right
- minimist - Simple module for command line arguments parsing.
- read - For reading user input from stdin.
- colors.js - get colors in your node.js console like what.
- configstore - Easily load and persist config without having to think about where and how.
- blessed - A curses-like library for node.js.
- log-symbols - Colored symbols for various log levels.https://github.com/sindresorhus/log-symbols
- terminal-menu - retro ansi terminal menus for serious 80s technicolor business.
- cli-spinner - A simple spinner for node cli.
- text-table - generate borderless text table strings suitable for printing to stdout.
Async Control Flow
Libraries, that help you manage asyncronous control flow and avoid callback hell.
- Promise-based (Promises/A+):
- Q - Full-featured promise library with large API covering any situation you may encounter.
- RSVP.js - Lightweight, but still compliant, promise library.
- when.js - Rock solid, battle tested promise library.
- Bluebird - Bluebird is a fully featured promise library with focus on innovative features and performance.
- Fibers-base (node-fibers):
- asyncawait - Inspired by C# async/await feature, implementation of the same patter using fibers.
- Co - Generator based flow-control goodness for nodejs and the browser.
- tape - tap-producing test harness for node and browsers.
- should.js - BDD style assertions for node.js -- test framework agnostic.
- chai - BDD / TDD assertion framework for node.js and the browser that can be paired with any testing framework.
Other Awesome Lists
Other amazingly awesome lists can be found in the awesome-awesomeness list.
Your contributions are always welcome!