A Node-RED node which takes input and pings a remote server.
This is a modification of the node-red-node-ping node. Difference is that this node will perform a ping when it recieves input where the node-red-node-ping node performs pings on a set interval. You may also programmatically pass ping settings to this node. For periodical checks, wire an inject node to this ping node.
Run the following command in the root directory of your Node-RED install
npm install node-red-contrib-advanced-ping
- Pings a machine and returns the trip time in ms. Ping time is returned in
msg.payload. Returns boolean false if no response received within 5 seconds, or if the host is unresolveable.
- Will perform ping on any input.
- You may override the host set in the configuration by passing in a value in
- For legacy reasons, the node will output the host as
msg.topic(the original node-red-node-ping does it this way).
- Any incomming data will be passed on to the output.
msg.payloaddata will be outputted as
msg._payload(as the new
msg.payloadwill contain the result of the ping).
msg.topicdata will be outputted as
msg._topic(as the new
msg.topicwill contain the the host).
Ability to set ping options in node configuration/by incomming message. Right now, these settings are hardcoded
- Linux: -n -w 5 -c 1
- Windows: -n 1 -w 5000
- Mac: -n -t 5 -c 1