brACE Slouch Detection Wearable
By Team ACE: Alexandrea Mellen, Chris Feldman, Emily Lam
December 11th, 2014, EC535 Project -- Professor Coskun
See November 2015 issue of Circuit Cellar Magazine for full writeup
How to Run
Load Executables onto Gumstix:
# cd bluetooth # LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$EC535/gumstix/bluez/bluez-libs/usr/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH # make
# cd myi2c # make
# cd kernel # make
Transfer executables (myi2c, button.ko, bluetooth) and runme.sh to Gumstix
Load Android App:
- Import code into Android Studio
- Run and Deploy to Android smartphone from Android Studio
Connect Battery pack to turn on.
Connect Serial cable and log on, using minicom. user: root, password: gumstix
Run runme.sh script
if the runme.sh does not exist or work:
# mknod /dev/mygpio c 61 0 # insmod button.ko # ./bluetooth & # ./myi2c
Connect to Gumstix using Android App
- The password to pair the phone with the Gumstix is "BlueZ"
- Pair them before initializing a connection
Unplug serial cable
Put around neck with device flush on your back
- Get into a proper sitting position
- Press button 3 on button module.
- Stand up if Android App sets off an Alarm
- Repeat steps 1-4.