Emmet allows you to write large HTML code blocks at speed of light using well-known CSS selectors. But it’s not the only thing that every web-developer needs: occasionally you have to edit your HTML and CSS code to fix bugs and add new features.
Emmet offers very unique tools that can greatly improve your editing experience:
- [Expand Abbreviation](./expand-abbreviation/)
- Yep, this is _the_ action that expands CSS-like abbreviations into HTML code.
- [Match Tag Pair](./match-pair/)
- Selects content, and/or opening and closing HTML tag name from current caret position (a.k.a “balancing”). Super-awesome implementation that _works even in non-HTML syntaxes_! Implicitly used by many Emmet actions.
- [Go to Matching Pair](./go-to-pair/)
- Quickly traverses between opening and closing HTML tag.
- [Wrap with Abbreviation](./wrap-with-abbreviation/)
- Same as “Expand Abbreviation” action but intelligently wraps selected content.
- [Go to Edit Point](./go-to-edit-point/)
- Quickly traverse between important HTML code points.
- [Select Item](./select-item/)
- Quickly select important HTML and CSS code parts.
- [Toggle Comment](./toggle-comment/)
- Toggles comment. Unlike basic editor’s implementations, matches HTML tag, CSS property or rule when there’s no selection.
- [Split/Join Tag](./split-join-tag/)
- Splits (`` → ``) or joins (`` → ``) HTML/XML tag under current caret position.
- [Remove Tag](./remove-tag/)
- Gracefully removes HTML/XML tag under current caret position.
- [Merge Lines](./merge-lines/)
- Merges selected lines into single one. With no selection, automatically matches nearest HTML tag.
- [Update Image Size](./update-image-size/)
- Updates matched HTML tag or CSS rule with image size, located under caret.
- [Evaluate Math Expression](./evaluate-math/)
- Evaluates simple math expression
- [Increment/Decrement Number](./inc-dec-number/)
- Increments or decrements number under current caret position with given step.
- [Reflect CSS Value](./reflect-css-value/)
- Automatically copies CSS value under current caret position to all vendor-prefixed variants.
- [Encode/Decode Image to data:URL](./base64/)
- Encodes image under caret to data:URL format and vice versa.