What is eZ Platform ?
eZ Platform is a 100% open source professional CMS (Content Management System) developed by eZ Systems and the eZ Community.
eZ Platform is the 6th generation of eZ Publish, it is built on top of the Symfony framework (Full Stack). It has been in development since 2011, and integral part of the eZ Publish Platform 5.x as "Platform stack" since 2012.
eZ Publish vs. eZ Platform
This repository contains eZ Platform (formerly known also as eZ Publish 6) the next generation cms which uses the same Symfony kernel as eZ Publish 5, but does not include the legacy kernel, nor its library dependencies. eZ Platform is where the new features are added.
The eZ Publish 5 repository, mostly maintained for backwards compatibility, integrates eZ Publish Legacy.
- Very extensible You can extend the application and the content model in many ways
- Future & backwards compatible Strong BC policy on data as well as code
- Multi channel by design Strong focus on separation between semantic content & design
- Scalable Easily scale across multiple servers out of the box
- Future proof Architecture designed to allow even more content scalability and performance in the future
- Stable Built on experience building CMS since early 2000, and in production since 2012
- Integration friendly Numerous events and signals to hook into for advanced workflow needs
- ezpublish-kernel (building on top of Symfony Framework):
- Content Repository with a highly flexible content model exposed via a Public API.
Out of the box powered by SQL Storage Engine using Doctrine DBAL, data cache implementation using Stash and binary file system handled by Flysystem. Improved Storage Engine planned, custom implementation for increased data scalability already possible.
- Powerful (& extensible) Content Query engine, currently powered by SQL, soon Solr/ElasticSearch
- Very high performance thanks to content & user aware HTTP "view" cache (now using)
- Introduces concept of "web sites" allowing you to manage several within one installation
- Allows to rapidly set up Contextual override of content display twig templates as well as controller based on Content type, section, and much more.
- Helpers, services, events and signals allowing you to efficiently create everything from simple web sites to complex applications
- PlatformUIBundle: A modern, extensible "Backend" UI for managing content & administering the site
eZ Platform is 100% open source and is the foundation for the commercial eZ Enterprise software which adds advanced features for editorial teams and media companies, 100% built on top of eZ Platform APIs.
- eZ Platform Developer Hub: ezplatform.com
- eZ Studio and eZ Platform RoadMap
- eZ Systems (commercial products and services): ez.no
eZ Platform Demo
This repository lets you create a clean, empty installation of eZ Platform. This type of installation is used for developing from scratch. You can also choose a version of eZ Platform including a demo, that is an example website. It is available in the following repository: https://github.com/ezsystems/ezplatform-demo
Full requirements can be found on the Requirements page.
TL;DR: supported PHP versions are 5.5, 5.6 and 7.0 (for dev use), using mod_php or php-fpm, and either MySQL 5.5/5.6 or MariaDB 5.5/10.0.
Submitting bugs, improvements and stories is possible on https://jira.ez.no/browse/EZP. If you discover a security issue, please see how to responsibly report such issues on https://doc.ez.no/Security.
For instruction on how to run the functional tests, see RUNNING_BEHAT.md.
eZ Platform aims to be 100% content compatible with eZ Publish 5.x, 4.x and 3.x (introduced in 2002), meaning that content in those versions of the CMS can be upgraded using online documentation to eZ Platform.
Unlike eZ Publish Platform 5.x, eZ Platform does not ship with eZ Publish Legacy (4.x). For Platform kernel use combined with legacy, eZ Publish Platform 5.4 is the most stable choice, offering support and maintenance updates until 2021.
An alternative is releases of eZ Publish Community; the latest as of Oct 2015 is v2014.11, found at ezpublish-community.
Copyright (C) 1999-2016 eZ Systems AS. All rights reserved.
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.txt GNU General Public License v2