What it Does
This program calculates and visualizes the gyration tensors of a protein (based on geometry) for each chain of a given protein.
- Uniquely name each chain in the PDB file.
- This program currently only calculates gyration tensors for one model per PDB file. (Gyration tensor for analyzing trajectory is in development.)
Installation Instructions (Linux)
Please ensure that the following requirements are installed for the default python installation.
a) Tkinter b) numpy
Download gyration tensor plugin git clone git://github.com/VenkyKrishnamani/gyration_tensor.git
- cd gyration_tensor
- Run 'pymol' with administrator priviledges
- Navigate to plugins > install
- Choose gyration_tensor.py from the dialogbox and 'OK'
- Quit and Restart 'pymol' (not required to be administator mode)