Sources for personal github pages
Here's how I use this.
- Clearly I need to have something to say :-) It doesn't really matter what.
git pullin this top-level dir.
git pullin the
- Write something in one of the
make htmlin this top-level dir
- In a new console/terminal,
python -m SimpleHTTPServerand preview the edits at http://localhost:8000/
- Rinse and repeat.
git add <whatever>has changed while in this top-level dir.
git pushto capture the edits.
- Interestingly, this does NOT update the published (on github's infra) site :-)
git add .,
git pushthere too.
- This is the magic that updates the published site.
At this point, you're all good.