- Command line option -q (or --quiet) mutes non-essential CLI output for most commands.
- Uses new version 2.0.4 of the deploy system.
- Supports new ey.yml option during deploy to control on which roles asset precompilation happens.
- Follows YAML Array syntax (using :app, :app_master, :solo, :util) or :all.
asset_roles: :all (default is to exclude :util but include all others. [:app, :app_master, :solo])
- During deploy, adds
RAILS_GROUPS=assetsto rake assets:precompile to improve asset compilation performance.
- Records exceptions raised during deploy into the deploy log when possible.
- Fixes a bug where permissions problems may cause integrate action to fail.
- Fixes a problem where "maintenance page still up" notice would stay on Cloud Dashboard too long. Downgraded message severity.
- Garbage collect git at the end of each deploy. First one may take a while but the next ones will be faster and reduce extra disk usage.
- Send serverside version to the deploy API to help with 2.0.x upgrade path on dashboard.
- Upgrade to engineyard-cloud-client version 1.0.7
- Vendor Thor to help reduce Rails incompatibilities.
- During deploy, --config can be used to override most ey.yml options on demand.
- Alias --extra-deploy-hook-options as --config for easier usage.
- During deploy, only symlink shared config files that actually exist.
- During deploy, don't display the database adapter warning when the environment does not have a database.
- During deploy, chown shared/bundled_gems dir to deploy user to ensure bundle install works.
- Fix calls to system() leaking stdout into the command output.
- Don't redirect command output to /dev/null because windows doesn't like it.
- Use new serverside-adapter that allows setting engineyard-serverside version separately.
- Update serverside to print less deprecation warnings.
- Repository interactions pay attention to $GIT_DIR and $GIT_WORK_TREE.
- Increases responsiveness of most API interactions.
- Prints notices when ey.yml defaults are used.
- Improves failed deployment output messaging.
ey environmentsfor extra filtering.
- Prints an error when a command line option, like
--environment, is specified without an argument.
- No longer guesses migration behavior. ey.yml must contain
migrate: true # or falsefor each environment. ey deploy will walk you through on your first deploy.
- Adds command
ey web restartto restart application servers without deploying.
- New version of
engineyard-serverside(and adapter), which includes:
- Default bundler version is now 1.1.5.
- Deploy hooks now have access to
- Improves deploy output, especially for
- Sends all log output through a new Shell object that formats and adds timestamps.
config/ey.ymlto customize deploy settings.
- Supports new ey.yml options to control automatic maintenance page:
maintenance_on_restart: true or false (default: false except for glassfish and mongrel)
maintenance_on_migrate: true or false (default: true)
- Don't remove maintenance pages that weren't put up during this deploy if maintenance options (above) are set to false.
- Supports new ey.yml options to control asset precompilation:
precompile_assets: true or false (default: inferred using app/assets and config/application.rb)
- Supports new ey.yml option to ignore the missing database adapter warning:
ignore_database_adapter_warning: true (default: false)
- Fixes a bug that could cause Passenger to restart multiple times during each deploy.
- Change order of compile_assets during deploy. Compile assets now happens before enabling maintenance page.
- ey logout removes the API token from ~/.eyrc
- ey login logs you in (don't be surprised)
- Failed releases are now saved in a 'releases_failed' directory, parallel to the existing 'releases' directory.
- Resolved a bundler version conflict that could occur for apps that specified a particular bundler version.
- Previous release had gemspec problems (seriously rubygems, releasing from 1.9.3 shouldn't break everyone on 1.8)
- Force encoding on commands going across Net::SSH (which seems incapable of handling UTF-8 encoded strings)
- Diagnostic code for command encoding when running in verbose mode.
- Upgrade to latest net-ssh to fix string encoding issues in 1.9.x.
- Add support for $ENGINEYARD_API_TOKEN on the command line to override token fetching.
- Fix lingering AppCloud mentions.
- Use -R [REF] or --force-ref [REF] to override the default branch. Specifying --ignore-default-branch, --force-ref or -R without arguments still works like before.
- Put more information in the deploy logs so failing deploys show something.
- Expose deployed_by user name in deploy hooks.
- Handle not found when accessing deployment api before deploying.
- Fix last release.
- Print more informative messages on deploy.
- Include new version of deploy system that fixes a bug with GIT_SSH not being set for some instances.
- Fix gemspec problem
- Includes an engineyard-serverside fix to prevent rebuilding gems on every deploy.
- The below changes improve other-ruby support. Notably, engineyard should now work from rubinius for the most part.
- [refactor] More require, less autoload
- [refactor] Clean up the way we read and write the .eyrc file.
- [internal] Specs no longer depend on FakeFS.
- [internal] Remove unused 'custom endpoint' complexity. $CLOUD_URL can still be set to override the api endpoint.
- Exit from ey ssh with the exit status of the ssh command. If running on multiple instances, exits with the status of the first failure, or 0 if all instances succeed.
- Set LANG to 'en_US.UTF-8' while installing gems to avoid failures on 1.9.x
- Ran into the YAML Syck thing again when building the last version. Re-releasing.
- Use new engineyard-serverside version that should actually really fix the 32bit / 64bit problem. We now check every instance instead of (incorrectly) only checking the app master.
- Include new engineyard-serverside version with fixes:
- Deploy fix: Don't fail if we can't precompile assets.
- Deploy fix: Delete bundled_gems directory if we can't determine under which 32 or 64bit the last bundle was run.
- bundle_without: ey.yml option allows you to specify custom bundle install --without string (list of space separated groups, replaces the default 'test development') Put the option in your ey.yml file under the environment name key.
- Includes a fix for Gemfile detection in engineyard-serverside.
- Improve warning messages during deploys.
- Exclude bundler environment variables explicitly on bundler install during deploy.
- Remove bundler 0.9 support in engineyard-serverside.
ey whoamiwill tell you who you're logged in as.
- Use the environments API to check whether run migrations or not when the flag is not provided.
- Update version of serverside gem for rails 3.1 assets support.
- Patch RestClient to stop sending cookies - they interfere with AWS S3.
- Update README to include more info about the ey.yml config.
- Suggest ey environments --all when no environments match.
- Fix an issue with uploading recipe tgz files on windows.
- Start recording the new load_balance_ip_address from the environment API.
- Fix for deprecated API key "stack_name"
ey statusshows most recent deployment status of an app and environment.
- Add --file (-f) option to specify a .tgz file containing the custom cookbooks dirctory.
- Add --apply option which automatically runs recipes uploaded with
ey recipes upload.
- Improve recipes documentation.
- Alias ey update to ey rebuild to conform to the terminology on the AppCloud dashboard.
- Improve the documentation in the README file.
- Send a User-Agent header with all API requests.