Creating an Engine Yard Add-on
Steps to obtain an Add-on partner Engine Yard account.
- Sign up for an Engine Yard Cloud account at http://cloud.engineyard.com/. A trial account is fine.
- Email your contact at Engine Yard with the following information:
- The email you used to sign up
- The name you want to use for your partner account. (Internal use only, not visible to Customers.)
- Your Engine Yard contact will then upgrade your Cloud accout to an Add-on partner account
- You will now have access to the Add-on partner portal: https://services.engineyard.com
This Add-on Partner portal provides you with the information you need to register and develop Add-on services. After you have registered an Add-on service, you can use the UI from https://services.engineyard.com to activate the Add-on in a private test-mode that will only be available to Engine Yard Cloud account that you created in Step 1.
Specification-style documentation at: https://github.com/engineyard/services-docs/blob/master/API.textile
Tutorial-style documentation (example Add-on service implementation) at: https://github.com/engineyard/chronatog
Guidelines for Add-on messages at:
Add-on Provider API Gem at: https://github.com/engineyard/ey_services_api
HMAC Authentication and SSO Gem at: https://github.com/engineyard/ey_api_hmac