Art Vandelay 2.0.0a
Art Vandelay allows you to import and export fields and section and tabs to and from a Craft site.
#What's in version 2?
This is the alpha release of version 2.
In version 2 we upgraded the interface so it is no longer a single page. There are now 3 types of export you can do:
- Export Field Groups - export an entire group of fields
- Export Section - note version 2 automatically exports the fields that belong to a section.
- Export a Tab - You can export a single entry Type tab, the fields that belong to that tab are also exported.
The import now has a couple of steps:
- Paste your export file into the textbox
- You are presented with a report page indicating what the import will do and potential issues. eg. if a field type has changed.
- For tab imports you can select which entry types you want to add the tab to
- Copy the
artvandelaydirectory into your
- Browse to Settings > Plugins in the Craft CP
- Click on the Install button next to Art Vandelay
- Navigate to your plugins in the admin interface and click the 'Art Vandelay' link on the left.
- To import data, paste previously exported JSON into the text field and click Import.
- To export data, select the field groups you would like to export fields from, the sections you would like to export, then hit Export. The exported data will appear in a text field for you to copy.
Make sure you have your latest export stored at
Then just run to import...
php ./craft/app/etc/console/yiic artvandelay
For composer-managed projects, check out craft-console plugin for a CLI runner with composer support.
- Redo interface, add tab exporting / importing
- Add CLI support @thoaionline
- Include fields in an exported matrix.
- Fix error when importing section translations.
- Initial release!
- Allow importing and exporting for:
- Improve the UI to allow file upload and download.