__ _ __ ___ _________ / / (_) /____ / _ \/ ___/ _/__ / /__/ / __/ -_) ___/ /___/ // -_) /____/_/\__/\__/_/ \___/___/\__/ Copyright 2015-2022 / EnjoyDigital A small footprint and configurable PCIe core powered by Migen & LiteX
LitePCIe provides a small footprint and configurable PCIe core.
LitePCIe is part of LiteX libraries whose aims are to lower entry level of complex FPGA cores by providing simple, elegant and efficient implementations of components used in today's SoC such as Ethernet, SATA, PCIe, SDRAM Controller...
Using Migen to describe the HDL allows the core to be highly and easily configurable.
LitePCIe can be used as LiteX library or can be integrated with your standard design flow by generating the verilog rtl that you will use as a standard core.
- Xilinx Ultrascale(+) (up to PCIe Gen3 X16).
- Xilinx 7-Series (up to PCIe Gen2 X8).
- Intel Cyclone5 (up to PCIe Gen2 X4).
- 64/128/256/512-bit datapath.
- Clock domain crossing.
- TLP layer.
- MSI (Single, Multi-vector)/MSI-X.
- DMA (with Scatter-Gather).
- MMAP (AXI/Wishbone Slave/Master).
- Linux Driver (MMAP and DMA).
[> FPGA Proven
LitePCIe is already used in commercial and open-source designs:
- 3G-SDI Capture/Playback board: http://www.enjoy-digital.fr/experience/pcie_3g_sdi.jpg
- SDR MIMO 2x2 board: https://www.amarisoft.com/products-lte-ue-ots-sdr-pcie/#sdr
- SDR MIMO 4x4 board: http://www.enjoy-digital.fr/experience/pcie_ad937x.jpg
- SDR CPRI board: http://www.enjoy-digital.fr/experience/pcie_sfp.jpg
- PCIe TLP sniffer/injector: https://ramtin-amin.fr/#nvmedma
- and others commercial designs...
[> Possible improvements
- add standardized interfaces (AXI, Avalon-ST)
- add Intel Stratix support
- add Lattice support
- add more documentation
- ... See below Support and consulting :)
If you want to support these features, please contact us at florent [AT] enjoy-digital.fr.
[> Getting started
- Install Python 3.6+ and FPGA vendor's development tools.
- Install LiteX and the cores by following the LiteX's wiki installation guide.
- You can find examples of integration of the core with LiteX in LiteX-Boards and in the examples directory.
Unit tests are available in ./test/. To run all the unit tests:
$ ./setup.py test
Tests can also be run individually:
$ python3 -m unittest test.test_name
LitePCIe is released under the very permissive two-clause BSD license. Under the terms of this license, you are authorized to use LiteEth for closed-source proprietary designs. Even though we do not require you to do so, those things are awesome, so please do them if possible:
- tell us that you are using LitePCIe
- cite LitePCIe in publications related to research it has helped
- send us feedback and suggestions for improvements
- send us bug reports when something goes wrong
- send us the modifications and improvements you have done to LitePCIe.
[> Support and consulting
We love open-source hardware and like sharing our designs with others.
LitePCIe is developed and maintained by EnjoyDigital.
If you would like to know more about LitePCIe or if you are already a happy user and would like to extend it for your needs, EnjoyDigital can provide standard commercial support as well as consulting services.
So feel free to contact us, we'd love to work with you! (and eventually shorten the list of the possible improvements :)
E-mail: florent [AT] enjoy-digital.fr