__ _ __ _______ _____ __ / / (_) /____ / __/ _ \/ ___/__ ________/ / / /__/ / __/ -_)\ \/ // / /__/ _ `/ __/ _ / /____/_/\__/\__/___/____/\___/\_,_/_/ \_,_/ Copyright 2017-2022 / EnjoyDigital Copyright 2017-2018 / LambdaConcept A small footprint and configurable SDCard core powered by Migen & LiteX
LiteSDCard is a small footprint and configurable SDCard core.
LiteSDCard is part of LiteX libraries whose aims are to lower entry level of complex FPGA cores by providing simple, elegant and efficient implementations of components used in today's SoC such as Ethernet, SATA, PCIe, SDRAM Controller...
Using Migen to describe the HDL allows the core to be highly and easily configurable.
LiteSDCard can be used as LiteX library or can be integrated with your standard design flow by generating the verilog rtl that you will use as a standard core.
- Generic PHY validated on Xilinx, Altera, Lattice FPGAs
- Command & Data CRC Inserters/Checkers
- Single and Multiple blocks write/read
- Errors detection and reporting
- Dynamically configurable clock speed
- Synthetizable BIST
SD0: Good RAM 8GB (cheap SD Card) SD1: SanDisk Ultra 32GB SD2: SanDisk Extreme 128GB
W/R(MB/s) performance vs SD frequency:
[> Possible improvements
- add standardized interfaces (AXI, Avalon-ST)
- add UHS-I/II PHYs.
- add Linux drivers.
- ... See below Support and consulting :)
If you want to support these features, please contact us.
[> Getting started
- Install Python 3.6+ and FPGA vendor's development tools.
- Install LiteX and the cores by following the LiteX's wiki installation guide.
- You can find examples of integration of the core with LiteX in LiteX-Boards and in the examples directory.
LiteSDCard is released under the very permissive two-clause BSD license. Under the terms of this license, you are authorized to use LiteSDCard for closed-source proprietary designs. Even though we do not require you to do so, those things are awesome, so please do them if possible:
- tell us that you are using LiteSDCard
- cite LiteSDCard in publications related to research it has helped
- send us feedback and suggestions for improvements
- send us bug reports when something goes wrong
- send us the modifications and improvements you have done to LiteSDCard.
[> Support and consulting
We love open-source hardware and like sharing our designs with others.
LiteSDCard is developed and maintained by EnjoyDigital & LambdaConcept.
If you would like to know more about LiteSDCard or if you are already a happy user and would like to extend it for your needs, EnjoyDigital can provide standard commercial support as well as consulting services.
So feel free to contact us, we'd love to work with you! (and eventually shorten the list of the possible improvements :)
E-mail: florent [AT] enjoy-digital.fr po [AT] lambdaconcept.com ramtin [AT] lambdaconcept.com