This wrapper gives access to the currently available functions of the QUOTE.fm API. It lacks most of the interesting features but has every API-call mapped to a method.
General datastructure is a Mash, which provides easy attribute access.
Currently this wrapper is not available as a gem at RubyGems. However you can checkout the source with Bundler and get the latest version (or any specified one) build automatically.
quote = Quotefm::Quote.new quote.user_by_id(1).username # => "pwaldhauer" quote.recommendation_by_id(963).article.title # => "It's Like That Because It Has Always Been Like That"
At this point the API provides neither authentication, nor write access.
- moar methods to play with! (maybe some cool stats stuff)
- moar tests!
- CLI for easier data-mining :D
- tidy everything up and upload to RubyGems
- input validations, especially for numeric values and URIs
- Fork the project.
- Make your feature addition or bugfix.
- Add some basic tests for it. This is important so I don't break it in a future version unintentionally.
- Commit, do not mess with rakefile, version, or history. (if you want to have your own version, that is fine, but bump the version in a separate commit, that I can ignore when I pull)
- Send me a pull request. Bonus points for expressiveness of the new feature.
- Manuel Hotz
See LICENSE for details.
Made in Germany.