Download Metabase Jar and Run
- Download a fairly recent Metabase binary release (jar file) from the Metabase distribution page.
- Download the ClickHouse driver jar from this repository's "Releases" page
- Create a directory and copy the
- In that directory create a sub-directory called
- Copy the ClickHouse driver jar to the
- Make sure you are the in the directory where your
MB_PLUGINS_DIR=./plugins; java -jar metabase.jar.
Building from Source
Please refer to the extensive documentation available in the Metabase Wiki: Writing A Driver
- Clone metabase repository
- Clone this repository, and follow the instructions for building the driver. Alternatively, download a pre-release jar.
clickhouse.metabase-driver.jarinto your Metabase
- Start Metabase, e.g. by invoking
lein runin your Metabase directory.
If you want to develop simply create a symbolic link from the Metabase
modules/drivers directory to the root of the driver directory.
Do the Docker Dance
In an empty directory, create your Dockerfile, e.g.
FROM metabase/metabase-head:latest ADD https://github.com/enqueue/metabase-clickhouse-driver/releases/download/0.2/clickhouse.metabase-driver.jar /app/plugins/
docker build -f Dockerfile-clickhouse -t foo/metabase-with-clickhouse .
docker run --rm -d=false -p 3000:3000 --name metabase foo/metabase-with-clickhouse
Please refer to the fine Metabase operations manual to find out how to operate a dockerized Metabase with a regular database.
- Report any issues you encounter during operations
- Create a pull request, preferably with a test or five
- See the very useful documentation by the Metabase team: Writing A Driver
The contents of this repository are made available under the GNU Affero General Public License v3.0 (AGPL), see LICENSE. Unless explicitly stated differently in the respective file, all files are
Copyright 2018-2019 the metabase-clickhouse-driver contributors.