Yeoman generator that provides already configured and optimized Sails REST API with bundle of predefined features.
|Version||Build Status||Coverage Status|
- Generator is split in more smaller parts, so that you are able to scaffold models, policies, controllers, etc... separately;
- Disabled hooks by default: csrf, grunt, i18n, pubsub, session, sockets, views;
- Flexible questions that allow to you quickly configure database connections, services that you want to use, etc...
- Integrated ES6 (Babel) support right from the box;
- Implemented authentication layer based on passport with JWT and Local strategies, Facebook, Twitter, VKontakte, GitHub, Instagram, Google Plus and other social networks;
- Overrides defaults
blueprintswhich simplify CRUD operation in REST API and adds new features like
- All configuration files cleaned up and optimized for REST API;
- Some generators can scaffold predefined functionality;
- Sub-generator that simplifies creating cron configuration;
- Logger generator can scaffold logging configuration for
winstonor use default Sails logger;
- Overridden responses which respond with
message(Status Message) and
data(Response Data) fields;
- Bundle of ready-2-use services like
SmsServiceand so on... You can check the table with detailed list of implemented services below;
- Bunch of Sails adapters is already declared in
connections.jsconfiguration file so you can easily swap between them;
- Implemented useful express middleware like
Connection: keep-aliveand GZip compression. In a nutshell, all what optimizes HTTP performance;
- Swagger generator can scaffold Swagger UI Explorer for you project;
Install yeoman and generator-sails-rest-api:
npm install -g yo generator-sails-rest-api
Create project directory and initiate the generator under the project directory:
mkdir my-project cd my-project yo sails-rest-api
You will be prompted to answer to questions. Answer to those questions and you will get configured Sails project.
After scaffolding the project you can use this project as before. Just run the
app.js file or use npm scripts.
Start creating new project and choose Yeoman type:
If you have installed sails-rest-api generator then just chose it and click Next.
Otherwise, click Install generator and search for
When you click Next button after the generator was chosen, answer the questions that you'd been prompted.
Congratulations, you just have setup your first Sails REST API
Bundled Sails services
|Service Name||Implemented providers|
|LocationService||Google, Yandex, FreeGeoIP and a lot of others|
|MailerService||direct, sendmail, SMTP, SES and a lot more|
|PusherService||Apple Push Notifications, Google Cloud Messaging|
|StorageService||Amazon S3, Local|
The MIT License (MIT)
Copyright (c) 2015 Eugene Obrezkov aka ghaiklor
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.