ENhanced Scala Interaction Mode for text Editors, especially GNU Emacs.
ENSIME brings IDE-like features to your favourite text editor, such as:
- Show the
typeof the symbol under the cursor.
- Contextual completion for
- Add an import for the symbol under the cursor.
- Fast classpath search (types and members).
- Jump to source code or documentation.
- Browse packages and type hierarchies.
- Find all references to a symbol.
- Refactorings (rename, organize imports, extract method).
- REPL with stack trace highlighting.
- Errors and warnings in your code: red squigglies.
and many more.
Ensime builds on the shoulders of giants, this includes contributors, users, bug reporters, many free and open source projects and commercial entities.
This project is actively community maintained, and we are very pleased to see contributions from new members. Please see the Contributing file for information on how to help out.
See our Quick Start Guide to learn how to install and start ENSIME.
ENSIME is released on a continuous "rolling release" basis every time a pull request is merged. This dramatically speeds up the development cycle and you are advised to always update your ENSIME before reporting any issues.
If you are still experiencing a problem with the latest version of ENSIME, before reporting an issue please:
- check the tickets flagged as FAQ.
- check the most recently updated tickets (others are probably talking about it already with workarounds).
- do a few keyword searches using the github search (top of the page) to see if anybody has reported this already.
supports Ensime by providing access to its awesome YourKit Java Profiler