This is primarily a stabilization release. We fixed a few bugs and rationalized a few processes, so the release is definitely worth having, but moving to this release should be very simple.
Note that this is the last deltaTest release to exploit the Windows Registry for local installs! Developers often don't have local admin permissions in enterprise environments, so while the registry was convenient it imposed an undesirable support load on those users.
Beginning with the next release (v2.0.0), deltaTest will store local settings in a local config file instead. We will still use one PATH variable, whose purpose will be to store the location of that config file, so the local install will still require local admin privileges... but changing local settings (like the target test environment) will not. Upgrading will require a minor alteration to the first line of every existing test, hence the new major version number.
Installation & Upgrade
To upgrade from any lower version--at this point meaning 1.0.0--follow these steps:
- Open a Git BASH prompt from your shared deltaTest repo clone.
- Run command git checkout v1.0.1
- Added unblock script & HelloWorld test.
- Updated Show-Execution to make Result param optional.
- Fixed defect where installer could not see registry NoInput value.
- Fixed defect where installer writes to WinReg HKLM instead of HKCU.
- Updated scripts to read Registry items from HKLM instead of HKCU.
- Updated script links to use %deltaTest% location.
- Fixed bug where -ConfigurableParams arg was not working in Invoke-MedmComponent.
- Switched Registry key from EnterpriseTestFoundation to EnterpriseDataFoundation.
- Updated documentation.
- Updated HelloWorld test.
- Fixed bug where blank CSV cells were imported as empty strings instead of NULL values.
- Eliminated extra cols in Results.txt.
- Eliminated debugging code.
- Fixed defect where some cmdlets used the server name instead of the DB name.
- Added cmdlet Invoke-deltaTest & rationalized config template.