Gobelins Datasource is an HTTP API for the database of objects of the Mobilier National. The objective is the provide a clean data model to the main back-end application, and anticipate the data migration to the new collections engine that should be implemented in 2019. Once the data migration is complete, this application should be retired.
This Laravel app loads the SQL files produced by the Migration.exe desktop application
into the default
postgres database (yes, it must be the default database). The import
Artisan task makes a few minor modifications to the schema, in order to make it easier
to work with Eloquent.
Reloading the dump files will overwrite whatever is in the DB.
All endpoints return data in JSON format.
GET /api/products/ GET /api/products/?page=2
Returns a list of 10 products, including authorships, authors, category, period, style, etc.
links object including
prev, allowing the API consumer to crawl the
Individual product, with relationships.
php artisan migrate:install php artisan migrate # … # Manually copy the database dump files (*.sql) into storage/app/scom_latest # … php artisan gobelins:import_scom -vvv
- SCOM: We don't have [Last Modified] data on the records, so we can't do updates since a given datetime.
- SCOM: DB schema might slightly change in the near future
- SCOM: In about 1 year, the DB will be replaced by another one, that should provide an API, or be crawlable (OAI repository?)
- We can assume that objects will never be deleted. Items removed from the DB will just be soft-deleted.
- NIMES: we have [Last Modified], but need to create relations with SCOM data, by fuzzy-searching the authors and titles. Postponed until further notice.
- Ned Baldessin, development
The Gobelins Datasource application is open-sourced software licensed under the MIT license.
Copyright © 2018 Ministère de la Culture et de la Communication
Mobilier national et manufactures des Gobelins, de Beauvais et de la Savonnerie.