MMM-AssistantMk2 is an embedded google assistant on MagicMirror.
[2.1.4] - 2019.03.26
Added : Now you can use
recipeis an external js file containing definitions of
action. Your configuration could be more shorter.
Feel free to request PR to share your recipes to others.
onDetectedfeatures are disabled by default.
For update from 2.1.0
cd ~/MagicMirror/modules/MMM-AssistantMk2 git pull
Install & Update
Incoming Notifications as ASSISTANT request.
||Assistant will start with this profile name.|
|ASSISTANT_CLEAR||null||Current playing video or content will disappear. And Assistant will turn to sleep mode for waiting invocation.|
||Ask to Assistant about
||Assistant will say this
Outgoing Notifications as ASSISTANT response.
|ASSISTANT_ACTIVATED||null||Assistant is started now.|
|ASSISTANT_DEACTIVATED||null||Assistant is stopped now.|
||Your defined hooking phrase caught from your speech.|
||When the response is defined or customized action of Assistant.|
- MagicMirror : 2.5.1
- nodeJS : 8.11.3 & 10.0.x
- SBC : Asus TinkerBoard & Raspberry Pi 3 / Kiosk mode and Serveronly mode both work.
Raspbian Stretchis recommended. Many problems would be possible in
- on Pi Zero (or ARMv6 Architecture), You might need to rebuild modules from source. That is out of my ability, so I cannot help about that.
- Invalid Parameters when youtube playing : Most of those cases, owner of video doesn't allow playing video out of youtube. try another.
- Sometimes response without voice. : Yes, Google Tech team also knows that.
- Some functions are not supported : Originally, screen output is made for REAL SMART TV (e.g. LG TV) with Google Assistant, thus REAL TV can interact the screen output with remotecontroller or something automatic processed. but we aren't.
- Result of Image search? web search? : I'm considering how it could be used. it is not easy as my expectation.
Some Troubleshootings more
- Error: /urs/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libstdc++.so.6: version 'GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get upgrade sudo apt-get install build-essentials sudo apt-get install gcc-5
- grpc Electron-rebuild issues. (until proper binaries provided)
grpcwas updated recently, but their team havn't dispatched proper binaries for new version. So it could make problem when you try electron-rebuild. Here are some experimental trials;
cd ~/MagicMirror/modules rm -rf MMM-AssistantMk2/ git clone https://github.com/eouia/MMM-AssistantMk2 cd MMM-AssistantMk2 npm install cd node_modules rm -rf grpc cd .. npm install @grpc/grpc-js npm install --save-dev electron-rebuild ./node_modules/.bin/electron-rebuild
- downgrade grpc to v1.13
cd ~/MagicMirror/modules rm -rf MMM-AssistantMk2/ git clone https://github.com/eouia/MMM-AssistantMk2 cd MMM-AssistantMk2 npm install cd node_modules rm -rf grpc cd .. npm install firstname.lastname@example.org npm install --save-dev electron-rebuild ./node_modules/.bin/electron-rebuild
- Touchscreen friendly
- If response has additional info with external web page, showing full website. (But... how to control? eg. scrolling???)
- map or carousel displaying... (screenOut for Assistant was developed for TV device, so not perfectly matched with UX on Mirror.)