cnmap - Clustered Nmap
Uses node.js and socket.io and socket.io-client.
Setting up the environment:
- Install or download node.js (nodejs.org)
- Install the client's and the server's modules (go where the app.js file is and do
- Edit the hardcoded control server address (192.168.1.117:7331) inside the client's app.js and inside index.html so it points to your control server's address.
Starting the components:
- Start the server with
- With a modern browser (eg. Firefox 27), open index.html
- Start the client(s) with
- Start scanning
- Specify the target's address (eg. scanme.nmap.org)
- Specify the scan's flags (note, the -p flag is hardcoded for this prototype)
- Specify the port range per client to be scanned in target (eg. 1-1024)
- Click 'Start'
- In the video, 2 virtual machines with Nmap installed run the client's app.js and connect to another virtual machine (not shown on screen) that's running the server's app.js. The user simply connects to the server via web browser and tells the clients to scan scanme.nmap.org.