Masonic Lodge Website
This is a trimmed down version of the website used by Kempsville Masonic Lodge in Virginia Beach. Like many websites, the original evolved over several years, starting as a couple of pages and slowly developing into its current state. The original design was never seen as a potential starting point for other lodges. This repository is an attempt to make the site available to other lodges that might like to use it as a starting point for their own website.
After retreiving the repository, there are a few steps necessary to complete the configuration:
- cp inc/config.inc-sample inc/config.inc
- cp css/offcanvas.less-sample css/offcanvas.less
- cp data/database.db-sample data/database.db
This file contains a collection of (hopefully) self-explanatory PHP variables used throughout the site.
At this point, there are only two colors that are easily configured and are contained in offcanvas.less: @main-color and @main-color-dark
The site is driven by a SQLite3 database. By default, the site looks for "database.db" but can be changed via the $cnf_database variable in inc/config.inc.
The /admin directory should be secured using whatever method is appropriate for your web server. For example, an Apache .htaccess such as:
AuthType Basic AuthName "Website Administration" AuthUserFile /path/to/the/.htpasswd Require valid-user
- in its current state, the site must be installed at DocumentRoot on your web server
- the "Yearly" pages contained in /years must be created manually. There are some simple examples provided. Creating these pages via the Admin application is a work-in-progress.