Copyright Compliance Bingo
The Copyright Compliance Bingo is an open educational board game created at the EPFL Library (Lausanne, Switzerland). It aims at teaching how to reuse images or graphs in various contexts without committing plagiarism and/or copyright fraud in higher education. Initially designed for PhD students, the game has been adapted for undergraduate and master students. The game is shared under CC BY 4.0 license.
In this repository, you will find:
- Game instructions (instructions.md)
- How-to prepare the game set (gamepreparation.md)
- Ready-to-use files to print everything in one go (readytouse-game). 2 versions are available:1 for PhD and 1 for undergraduate or master students.
- Boards and cards that you can adapt according to your context (adaptable-game)
- Images that illustrate the game play (img)
By playing the Copyright Compliance Bingo, the participants understand :
- How to deal with copyright when reusing images or graphs in a given context
- The educational purpose clause
- Creative Commons licenses
- The influence of the origin of an image/graph (published or not)
- Alternative solutions to stay copyright compliant
The Copyright Compliance Bingo is a good way to raise awareness and participants' questions will lead to a more in-depth discussion.
We would love to hear your feedback about this game. Feel free to contact us as well is you have any question. Send us an email at formations.bib [at] epfl.ch ! Short URL for this page is : go.epfl.ch/CCB