Powershell scripts to automate symbolic link generation for SSD units on Windows.
Fast and easily! Move your files and applications from your main SSD disk to another HDD unit.
- Migrate Windows Update folder.
- Migrate Brave Browser data.
- Migrate Edge Chromium data.
- Migrate Google Chrome data.
- Migrate Firefox data.
- Migrate Opera data.
- Migrate Spotify data.
- Download source code from: GitHub Releases
How to use it
Download, extract and execute Run.bat.
Note: WindowsSSD-Script will ask you for elevated permissions because it needs to be executed as an administrator user.
- Tested on Windows 10.
- Proceed with caution on Windows 7/8.
- Windows XP/Vista not supported.
- Collections may stop working on Edge Chromium. Save a backup of your collection links before using this tool.
Error code 0x80070011: I'm trying to install .Net 3.5 but I'm getting the following error: "The system cannot move the file to a different disk drive".
Solution: As it is safe to delete Windows/SoftwareDistribution folder it is recommended to delete both original and linked folder, install .Net 3.5 and regenerate links opening WindowsSSD-Script.