About dotfiles (.files)
Dotfiles are how you personalize your system. These are mine for macOS and Ubuntu Server
- MacOS and Ubuntu Server support
- Material theme for all possible environments (zsh, terminal, vscode, etc.)
- .dotsecret folder for all custom and private settings
- .gitconfig, .gitignore, and git commit template
- .hushlogin, Brewfile, and Turkish <-> English dictionaries for Dictionary.app
- .nanorc, .vimrc, gitcommit.vim
- Visual Studio Code settings, keybindings, and extensions
$PATHready, zsh modules which contains aliases, functions and etc.
- and more coming soon
Disclaimer: This project works best on macOS.
- Unix-like operating system (macOS or Linux)
NOTE: You already have all prerequisites if you use macOS or Ubuntu Server.
dotfiles is installed by running the following command in your terminal.
curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/erdtsksn/dotfiles/master/scripts/install.sh | sh
You can also update dotfiles manually by running one of the following commands in your terminal.
curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/erdtsksn/dotfiles/master/scripts/update.sh | sh
You can see all alias by running
alias and all functions by running
You should definitely check every subdirectory to learn more about this project.
See CHANGELOG to learn how this project evolved during the time.
If you want to contribute to this project and make it better, your help is very welcome. See CONTRIBUTING for more information.
Code of Conduct
This project adheres to Code of Conduct. By participating, you are expected to uphold this code.
Suggestions / Improvements WELCOME!