Windows Credential Store for Git
This application is a small helper app designed to follow the git credentials API as defined by the Git Documentation.
- Download the git-credential-winstore.exe file from the downloads section
- Run it (make sure you have git in your PATH)
Why doesn't it work?
Make sure you're running the latest version of msysgit. The credential API is fairly new. I've tested this on version 1.7.10.
Why doesn't it install?
Make sure one of the following is correct:
- running with GIT on your PATH (perhaps by running from the GIT bash shell)
- Environment variable GIT_EXECUTABLE points to the git executable (if you don't want git on your path)
Where are you storing my credentials?
This app just uses the existing Windows Credential Store to hold your credentials. You can see the stored credentials by going to Control Panel > User Accounts > Credential Manager and choosing "Windows Credentials". The entries starting "git:" are from git-credential-winstore.
I have another question?
That's not a question.
But I actually have another question...
Ok, you can email me at email@example.com.
- Paul Betts for creating our handy-dandy installer.
- Matt Wrock for adding a silent option to the installer.
- mattn for adding support for Windows XP.
- Marc Brooks for some readme tweaks.
This code is Copyright Andrew Nurse and other contributors 2012. You are hereby granted a license to use the software and code under the terms of the Apache License, Version 2.0 (http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html)