Adding keyboard movements and controller support.
Part 1 : Impliment functions and map them to keyboard controls. Part 2 : Integrate XInput for controller support, and impliment our functions.
- Part 3 (OPTIONAL) : Local co-op for controllers. Up to 4 players.
New Keyboard Setup
- Spacebar - Attack nearby enemies, talk to towns people and merchants. Pickup & Drop items in inventory.
- Enter - Pickup gold, potions & equipment from ground, open chests and doors that are nearby.
- Arrow Keys and WASD Keys - Move character in that direction. Move cursor in inventory & speedbook.
- X Key - Cast spell or use skill. Back out of menus.
- Q Key - Use first health potion in belt.
- E Key - Use first mana potion in belt.
- Moved Speedbook key to H.
- Automap only moves when you hold down shift.
- Towns people, items and objects show information when nearby.
- Inventory snaps to grid system, use arrow/WASD keys to move around. Spacebar to pickup/drop items.
- Speedbook spells have snap grid system, use arrow/WASD keys to move around. Spacebar to select spell.
- Character info window level up attribute increase buttons now make cursor snap to them.
- Xbox One & 360 controller support added.
Xbox Controller Button Layout
- A Button: Attack nearby enemies, talk to towns people and merchants, confirm menu clicks.
- B Button: Open inventory
- X Button: Pickup gold, potions & equipment from ground, open chests and doors that are nearby.
- Y Button: Cast spell or use skill. Back out of menus.
- Back Button: Open automap.
- Start Button: Open game menu.
- Left Shoulder Button: Open the speed spell book.
- Right Shoulder Button: Open character info window.
- Direction Pad & Left Joystick: Move character.
- Right Joystick: Move Cursor. Click for mouse left click.
- Left Trigger: Use first health potion in belt.
- Right Trigger: Use first mana potion in belt.
How To Port To Your Mod
- 4 new files have been added that have the new code in them, plrctrls.cpp/.h and joystick.cpp/.h
- Any code that was altered in the other files were commented with
How To Compile
- Open Diablo.sln with Visual Studio. On the top bar select "Build" > "Build Solution". You now have the Diablo.exe file in your "Bin/Debug" folder.
- Replace your old game executable file with this file in your Diablo game folder (GOG or CD).
If you find any bugs, please open an issue here on GitHub.
This took me a few weeks to make and it would mean a lot to me if you would give credit for any borrowed code. Thank you!