We're pleased to announce Oragono 2.3.0, a new stable release.
This release contains primarily bug fixes, but includes one notable feature enhancement: a change contributed by @hhirtz that updates the
draft/rename specification to correspond to the new (soon-to-be) published draft.
Many thanks to @hhirtz for contributing patches, to @bogdomania, @digitalcircuit, @ivan-avalos, @jesopo, @kylef, @Mitaka8, @mogad0n, and @ProgVal for reporting issues and helping test, and to our translators for contributing translations.
This release includes no changes to the config file format or database changes.
- The recommended value of
lookup-hostnamesfor configurations that cloak IPs (as has been the default since 2.1.0) is now
- Mitigated a potential DoS attack on websocket listeners (#1226)
/HOSTSERV OFFERLISTand related commands; this functionality is superseded by IP cloaking (#1190)
- Fixed an edge case in handling no-op nick changes (#1242)
- Fixed edge cases with users transitioning in and out of always-on status (#1218, #1219, thanks @bogdomania!)
- Fixed a race condition related to the registration timeout (#1225, thanks @hhirtz!)
- Fixed incorrectly formatted account tags on some messages (#1254, thanks @digitalcircuit!)
- Improved checks for invalid config files (#1244, thanks @ivan-avalos!)
- Fixed messages to services and
*playbacknot receiving echo-message when applicable (#1204, thanks @kylef!)
- Fixed a help string (#1237, thanks @Mitaka8!)