v2.7.0 - a new name
We're pleased to be publishing Ergo 2.7.0, our first official release under our new name of Ergo. This release contains bug fixes and minor enhancements.
This release includes changes to the config file format, all of which are fully backwards-compatible and do not require updating the file before upgrading. This release includes no changes to the database format.
Because the name of the executable has changed from
ergo.exe on Windows), you may need to update your system configuration (e.g., scripts or systemd unit files that reference the executable).
Many thanks to @ajaspers and @jesopo for contributing patches, to @ajaspers, @ChrisTX, @emersion, @jwheare, @kylef, @Mikaela, @mogad0n, and @ProgVal for reporting issues and helping test, and to our translators for contributing translations.
- The project was renamed from "Oragono" to "Ergo" (#897, thanks to everyone who contributed feedback or voted in the poll)
- Entries in
server.listenersnow take a new key,
min-tls-version, that can be used to set the minimum required TLS version; the recommended default value is
1.2(#1611, thanks @ChrisTX!)
max-conns(maximum connection count) and
max-conn-lifetime(maximum lifetime of a connection before it is cycled) to
massmessageoperator capability to allow sending NOTICEs to all connected users (#1153, #1629, thanks @jesopo!)
require-sasl.enabledis set to
tor-listeners.require-saslwill be automatically set to
trueas well (#1636)
- It is now possible to set the minimum required TLS version, using the
min-tls-versionkey in listener configuration
- Configurations that require SASL but allow user registration now produce a warning (#1637)
- Operators with the correct permissions can now send "mass messages", e.g.
/NOTICE $$*will send a
NOTICEto all users (#1153, #1629, thanks @jesopo!)
- Operators can now extend the maximum (non-tags) length of the IRC line using the
server.max-line-lenconfiguration key. This is not recommended for use outside of "closed-circuit" deployments where IRC operators have full control of all client software. (#1651)
RELAYMSGnow sends a full NUH ("nick-user-host"), instead of only the relay nickname, as the message source (#1647, thanks @ProgVal, @jwheare, and @Mikaela!)
- Fixed a case where channels would remain visible in
/LISTafter unregistration (#1619, thanks @ajaspers!)
- Fixed incorrect tags on
+u("auditorium") channels (#1642)
- Fixed an issue where LUSERS counts could get out of sync (#1617)
- It was impossible to add a restricted set of snomasks to an operator's permissions; this has been fixed (#1618)
- Fixed incorrect language in
NS INFOresponses (#1627, thanks @ajaspers!)
- Fixed a case where the
REGISTERcommand would emit an invalid error message (#1633, thanks @ajaspers!)
- Fixed snomasks displaying in a nondeterministic order (#1669, thanks @Mikaela!)
- Removed the
draft/resume-0.5capability, and the associated
- Optimized MySQL storage of direct messages (#1615)