A vagrant provisioned development environment using the development-environment-base box.
This will install:
- Intellij Community Edition
- Spring Tool Suite
- Cloud Foundry CLI
- BOSH 2.0 CLI
- and a number of other supporting development tools.
- 8GB RAM (by default 4GB is allocated to the VM, see Getting Started to increase this)
- 20GB disk space
- Vagrant 1.9.5 - Windows 7 & 8 users see known issues
- Virtualbox 5.1.22 (newer versions do work, but we guarantee the version listed works)
- Clone this repository with:
git clone https://github.com/FINkit/development-environment
- Change into the
development-environmentdirectory and run:
When the UI loads you will be prompted for a password. Please wait for the entire provisioning process to complete before entering the password. You will be notified in the terminal window when you can login.
The username and password for the development environment are
Customising the hardware requirements
The following environment variables can be set to tune the development environment.
||How many CPU cores to allocate||2|
||The amount of time (as %) a host CPU spends to emulate a virtual CPU||100|
||How much memory, in MB, to allocate||4096|
1.9.7 and newer on Windows 7 & Windows 8 hangs. This is a bug with Vagrant which is not being fixed, and cannot be addressed by any Vagrant image.
Windows 7 and Windows 8 users will need to upgrade Powershell to 5.1 if you use a version of Vagrant greater than