Twitter Analytics on the Cloud
The team project of course 15-619 at CMU. By Team CodingSquirrels: Haibin Lin, Aaron Chen and Hechao Li.
- Implement Extract Transform and Load (ETL) on a large data set (~ 1 TB) and load into MySQL and HBase systems.
- Design and optimize MySQL and HBase databases to deal with scale and improve throughput.
- Explore and utilize various methods and tools to improve the performance of a complete web service.
- Develop consistent servers to handle write queries, range queries and read queries.
- Extract and transform with AWS Elastic MapReduce
- Load balance web traffic with AWS Elastic Load Balancer and Nginx proxy server
- Handle web request with Vert.x web server
- Load data with MySQL and Apache HBase