This is the Arduino AccelStepper library. It provides an object-oriented interface for 2, 3 or 4 pin stepper motors and motor drivers.
The standard Arduino IDE includes the Stepper library (http://arduino.cc/en/Reference/Stepper) for stepper motors. It is perfectly adequate for simple, single motor applications.
AccelStepper significantly improves on the standard Arduino Stepper library in several ways:
- Supports acceleration and deceleration
- Supports multiple simultaneous steppers, with independent concurrent stepping on each stepper
- API functions never delay() or block
- Supports 2, 3 and 4 wire steppers, plus 3 and 4 wire half steppers.
- Supports alternate stepping functions to enable support of AFMotor (https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit-Motor-Shield-library)
- Supports stepper drivers such as the Sparkfun EasyDriver (based on 3967 driver chip)
- Very slow speeds are supported
- Extensive API
- Subclass support
This fork follows the upstream version. Files are slightly reorganized to follow Arduino library conventions.