Note: Use React Navigation now instead
This project was developed in early 2016 and has since matured and combined with Expo's Ex-Navigation project to form a new effort: React Navigation. Please use that instead, and collaborate with the community to improve it!
This was an 2016 RFC for a new Navigation system for react native, with focus on the following improvements over
- Single-directional data flow, using reducers to manipulate top-level state object
- Navigation logic and routing must be independent from view logic to allow for a variety of native and js-based navigation views
- Improved modularity of scene animations, gestures, and navigation bars
If you're confused about all the navigation options, look at the Navigation Comparison doc.
NavigationExperimental has recently been moved from here to the open source RN repo: https://github.com/facebook/react-native/commit/a3085464f6ea36fc6b53cd0c711c048ffb1516f9
- Core Utilities and Components: https://github.com/facebook/react-native/tree/master/Libraries/NavigationExperimental
- Animated Card and Header: https://github.com/facebook/react-native/tree/master/Libraries/CustomComponents/NavigationExperimental
- Examples: https://github.com/facebook/react-native/tree/master/Examples/UIExplorer/js/NavigationExperimental