Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
- Codename: Vienna
- Platform: 20180318T095138Z (upstream/release-20180315)
- 3.0.0 platform: 20180318T095138Z (upstream/release-20180315) released on: 2018-05-07
- 3.0.0-rc5 platform: 20180318T095138Z (upstream/release-20180315) released on: 2018-04-16
- 3.0.0-rc4 platform: 20180318T095138Z (upstream/release-20180315) released on: 2018-03-21
- 3.0.0-rc3 platform: 20180218T102008Z (upstream/release-20180215) released on: 2018-02-25
- 3.0.0-rc2 platform: 20180218T102008Z (upstream/release-20180215) released on: 2018-02-19 - This and previous releases were shipped with a broken PowerDNS integration within Danube Cloud (affects only new installations)
- 3.0.0-rc1 platform: 20180105T193033Z [upstream/release-20180104) released on: 2018-02-07
- 3.0.0-beta3 platform: 20180105T193033Z (upstream/release-20180104) released on: 2018-01-23
- 3.0.0-beta2 platform: 20180105T193033Z (upstream/release-20180104) released on: 2018-01-22
- 3.0.0-beta1 platform: 20180105T193033Z (upstream/release-20180104) released on: 2018-01-16
NOTE: When upgrading from 2.x, the software update must be performed manually; first on the management server and then on all compute nodes. On compute nodes, first, upgrade the software (using
esdc-git-update) and only after that you can upgrade the platform.
NOTE: This version relates to a new platform version. The platform image should be also updated. It is required when you plan to use: KVM live migration, network overlays or want protection against the Meltdown attack.
NOTE: The 3.x compute node cannot be connected into a Danube Cloud installation with a 2.x management virtual server. The management server has to be updated first.
The Danube Cloud Team is pleased to announce the release of Danube Cloud version 3.0.
The new major version of Danube Cloud includes plenty of new features. The most interesting one will be definitely the introduction of Live Migration for KVM virtual machines. The Live Migration capability in Danube Cloud does not depend on shared storage. The decision to implement this feature was mostly based on wishes and needs of our users. This feature should be considered experimental for now.
Another important feature inspired by requirements of our customers are Network Overlays and VXLANs. With this feature integrated into Danube Cloud it is much easier to interconnect compute nodes residing in various datacenters. It is now possible to control compute nodes in other physical locations connected via internet (without the need of a L2 connection). Virtual machines in different datacenters can see each other as if they were connected locally into the same local private switch.
Version 3.0 also adds another major feature: Zabbix Alert Management. Who should receive alerts for which servers can be now configured via Danube Cloud. Listing of current and historical monitoring alerts is available from the Danube Cloud web management console.
The 3.0 release includes a new system menu intended for Danube Cloud operators and the software update functionality was completely re-implemented. Therefore the upgrade from 2.x should be performed manually.
- Codename: Tuttlingen
- Platform: 20170624T192838Z (upstream/release-20170622)
- 2.6.7 released on: 2017-11-06
- 2.6.6 released on: 2017-10-17
- 2.6.5 released on: 2017-10-04
- 2.6.4 released on: 2017-09-11
- 2.6.3 released on: 2017-08-21
- 2.6.2 released on: 2017-08-09
- 2.6.1 released on: 2017-08-07
- 2.6.0 released on: 2017-07-21 - This version introduced a serious bug #219 -> please update to 2.6.1 or later
The 2.6 release includes an updated SmartOS platform image, which has many new features: new installer (NTP server option, admin vlan ID, configuration of other NIC tags), new PXE network boot/install options and updated pkgsrc release (2016Q4). Our changes to the SmartOS platform were refactored in a way that should allow us to merge upstream releases more easily.
The Danube Cloud web management portal received new interesting features such as: comparative VM graphs per compute node (CPU, memory, disk), customizable shutdown timeout for KVM guests, user editable notes of VMs and nodes (with markdown support), ability to disable reservation of replicated VM resources, as well as experimental support for Linux zones.
The monitoring (Zabbix) synchronization code was completely refactored for potential future support of another monitoring backends. The Zabbix backend now synchronizes users and user groups from the Danube Cloud management to the Zabbix server, which is a necessary precondition for future integration of alerting configuration.
NOTE: After updating the mgmt software (
es set /system/update) all compute nodes must be updated to the 2.6.x version (
es set /system/node/<hostname>/update).
- Codename: Donaueschingen
- Platform: 20161207T144343Z
- 2.5.3 released on: 2017-05-16
- 2.5.2 released on: 2017-04-11
- 2.5.1 released on: 2017-03-07
- 2.5.0 released on: 2017-03-03
This release adds compute node monitoring graphs into the API and GUI. CPU, Memory & swap, storage and network graphs are available per each compute node and can be used to determine usage and performance problems on physical servers. There are also several smaller bug fixes and features, including support for Windows 2016. The 2.5.2 minor release fixes many small bugs mostly related to monitoring and graphs. The 2.5.3 release has added support for restoring service VMs, which is important for a complete disaster recovery of a Danube Cloud installation (assuming that all VMs are backed up).
- Codename: Schwarzwald
- Platform: 20161207T144343Z
- 2.4.0 released on: 2017-02-22
This is the first release, which was fully developed as an open source project.
The most visible changes are improvements of the UX in the GUI (UI elements are used consistently across the web interface). Furthermore, API now supports SmartOS'
nics.*.allowed_ips feature. And of course, we released lots of small features and fixes - see changelogs for details.
- Codename: Erigones SDDC -> Danube Cloud
- Platform: 20161111T125226Z
- 2.3.3 released on: 2017-02-04
- 2.3.2 released on: 2016-12-17
- 2.3.1 released on: 2016-12-15
- 2.3.0 released on: 2016-11-17
Initial open source release.