ETSF01 Project - Analogy-based effort estimation for software projects
A project in the course ETSF01 Software Engineering Process - Economy and Quality at Lund University 2012 by group 17. The goal is to
- connect theory to practice,
- give a concrete experience of developing and using a tool for software cost estimation,
- and to provide a group-learning setting focused on realistic problem.
For further documentation; visit doc/.
How to build and run
Compile and run by typing the following commands:
$ cd etsf01_project/ $ ant $ ./estimator.sh [<data filename>] $ ./config.sh | ./estimator.sh [<data filename>]
estimator.sh command will present an interactive interface where you will answer the questions about you project, enter threshold and you will get estimates for your project. In the seconds form a static configuration from the script
config.sh will be fed to the program. You can edit the values in that script your self.
Specify extra attributes
To add extra attributes:
- Create a file extra.ini
- Add sections user1, user2, user3 as you wish.
- Add values in database file. There must be at least 17 values, any values after these 17 will be mapped to the extra attributes.