Gonfalon: API facilitating peaceful coexistence between plugins that modify player titles.
A note of dire importance
This plugin has not yet been released. Plugin developers should refrain from using it except for testing purposes.
The meaning of Gonfalon, according to Dictionary.com, is thus:
gon·fa·lon /ˈgɒnfələn/ [gon-fuh-luhn]
- a banner suspended from a crossbar, often with several streamers or tails.
- a standard, especially one used by the medieval Italian republics.
This is an attempt at creating an API that allows multiple plugins to attach their own "banners" to a player. The intended effect is to prevent plugins that want to modify a player's title from stepping on each other's toes while removing the need to worry about .
As such, this plugin is not meant for server admins. Rather, it's intended as an API for plugin developers. There is no configuration, no commands and no permissions.
I try to stick to Semantic Versioning conventions.
Version 1.0.0: (never)
- no release has been made.
Tested with the following.
- Bukkit #1060
- Spout #134
- SpoutCraft 1.0.2
Terms of Engagement
Copyright © 2011, Eris
All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- Neither the name of the author nor the names of contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.