Please sign in to comment.
Allow noncharacter code points in unicode encoding and decoding
The two noncharacter code points 16#FFFE and 16#FFFF were not allowed to be encoded or decoded using the unicode module or bit syntax. That causes an inconsistency, since the noncharacters 16#FDD0 to 16#FDEF could be encoded/decoded. There is two ways to fix that inconsistency. We have chosen to allow 16#FFFE and 16#FFFF to be encoded and decoded, because the noncharacters could be useful internally within an application and it will make encoding and decoding slightly faster. Reported-by: Alisdair Sullivan
- Loading branch information...
Showing with 23 additions and 77 deletions.
- +3 −4 erts/emulator/beam/beam_emu.c
- +3 −9 erts/emulator/beam/erl_bits.c
- +5 −19 erts/emulator/beam/erl_unicode.c
- +3 −9 erts/emulator/test/bs_utf_SUITE.erl
- +0 −21 lib/compiler/test/bs_utf_SUITE.erl
- +2 −3 lib/jinterface/java_src/com/ericsson/otp/erlang/OtpErlangString.java
- +1 −2 lib/stdlib/doc/src/unicode.xml
- +1 −3 lib/stdlib/test/unicode_SUITE.erl
- +5 −7 system/doc/reference_manual/expressions.xml