EEF Observability WG
Project for tracking the work of the Observability Working Group
Current WG projects
Awesome BEAM Observability
The curated list of tools for monitoring, instrumenting, and tracing applications that run on BEAM. Inspired by many of such lists over the GitHub.
lager- popular logging framework with broad features set
logger- OTP 21+ built-in pluggable logger module
Logger- Elixir's built-in pluggable logger module that in recent Elixir versions also synchronises with Erlang's
systemd- library for integrating with systemd, it provides utilities for integrating with systemd's journal
- beam_stats - Collect detailed VM metrics and send to arbitrary, plugable backends (StatsD and Graphite backends included).
- Elixometer - thin Elixir wrapper over Exometer
- Exometer - Erlang instrumentation package
- Fluxter - InfluxDB writer for Elixir
- Folsom - expose Erlang events as metrics
metrics- generic interface to to a different metrics systems in Erlang
- Prometheus - Prometheus integration for Erlang
- Statix - fast and reliable Elixir client for StatsD-compatible servers with some DogStatsD extensions (namely tags)
- Telemetry - dynamic dispatcher for Erlang metrics and instrumentations
- Telemetry.Poller - periodically gather measurements and publish them as Telemetry events
- Telemetry.Metrics - common interface for defining metrics based on :telemetry events.
- vmstats - tiny Erlang app to generate information on the Erlang VM
- AppSignal - AppSignal Elixir integration package for gathering metrics, errors, and traces
- New Relic - New Relic's Elixir agent supports metrics, errors and distributed tracing
OpenCenus(ON HOLD, see OpenTelemetry) - implementation of Google's OpenCensus.io tracing and monitoring with broad range of integrations:
- OpenTelemetry - implementation of CNCF OpenTelemetry for Erlang and Elixir
- Otter - OpenTracing integration library for Erlang
Spandex(ON HOLD, see OpenTelemetry) - tracing library for Elixir which supports DataDog APM. Integrations:
- tracelog - logging handler that can transform structured logs into distributed tracing spans (for now supports only OpenCensus backend library)
- Aibrakex - Elixir client for Airbrake
- Bugsnag - Elixir interface to Bugsnag API
- Rollbar - exception tracking and logging from Elixir to Rollbar
- Sentry - official Elixir SDK for Sentry.io
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.