Dillinger is a cloud-enabled HTML5 Markdown editor.
- Type some Markdown text in the left window
- See the HTML in the right
The overriding design goal for Markdown's formatting syntax is to make it as readable as possible. The idea is that a Markdown-formatted document should be publishable as-is, as plain text, without looking like it's been marked up with tags or formatting instructions.
This text your see here is actually written in Markdown! To get a feel for Markdown's syntax, type some text into the left window and watch the results in the right.
Dillinger uses a number of open source projects to work properly:
- Ace Editor - awesome web-based text editor
- Twitter Bootstrap - great UI boilerplate for modern web apps
- node.js - evented I/O for the backend
- Express - fast node.js network app framework @tjholowaychuk
- keymaster.js - awesome keyboard handler lib by @thomasfuchs
- jQuery - duh
- Clone the repo
mkdir -p public/files
mkdir -p public/files/md && mkdir -p public/files/html
sudo node app
Free Software, Fuck Yeah!