Objective-C class to calculate Sunrise, Sunset, and Twilight times based on the user's current location and time zone.
EDSunriseSet is an Objective-C wrapper for the C languages routines created by Paul Schlyter. Calculation is done entirely by the C-code routines. EDSunrisetSet bridges those calculations to common cocoa classes like NSDate and NSTimeZone.
- Calculates Sunrise and Sunset times
- Calculates Civil, Nautical, and Astronomical twilight
- Times are calculated based on the provided timezone, latitute, and longitude
To get information about the sunrise, sunset, and twilight use the method below.
+(EDSunriseSet *)sunrisesetWithTimezone:(NSTimeZone *)timezone latitude:(double)lat longitude:(double)longt
This method returns an
EDSunriseSet object which can be used to access the following
NSDateComponents each containing a date, hour, minute, and second:
- The local sunrise time,
- The local sunset time,
- The time when civil twilight (when the sun is 6 degrees below the horizon) begins and ends,
- The time when nautical twilight (when the sun is 12 degrees below the horizon) begins and ends,
- The time when astronomical twilight (when the sun is 18 degrees below the horizon) begins and ends,
You may also access
NSDate proprties on
EDSunriseSet which give a read-only value of the date for the specified property. These properties include
sunset among others.
EDSunriseSet license is MIT based. Attribution is appreciated, but not required.