Supertab is a vim plugin which allows you to use <Tab> for all your insert completion needs (:help ins-completion).
- Configurable to suit you needs:
- Default completion type to use.
- Prevent <Tab> from completing after/before defined patterns.
- Close vim's completion preview window when code completion is finished.
- When using other completion types, you can configure how long to 'remember' the current completion type before returning to the default.
- Don't like using <Tab>? You can also configure a different pair of keys to scroll forwards and backwards through completion results.
- Optional improved 'longest' completion support (after typing some characters, hitting <Tab> will highlight the next longest match).
- Built in 'context' completion option which chooses the appropriate completion
type based on the text preceding the cursor.
- You can also plug in your own functions to determine which completion type to use.
- Support for simple completion chaining (falling back to a different completion type, keyword completion for example, if omni or user completion returns no results).