A voxel based exploration game
- use cellular automata to create a dynamic and unpredictable environment
- implement a world generator that creates highly appealing terrain
- allow players to, if they desire, always move towards increasingly dangerous situations
install with maven
The project is now mavenised. To run using maven use:
mvn install exec:java -Dexec.mainClass="Hexel.Hexel"
You can also import the project into eclipse by installing the m2eclipse plugin, then choosing Import,Maven,Existing Maven Projects.
you may also have to make eclipse aware of your maven classpath
playing the game:
- download the appropriate file from here
- Hexel.sh should work on linux and mac, Hexel.dmg is nicely packaged for os x (I think it works)
- DISCLAIMER: This may or may not work on your computer
See the issues page if you have any ideas or want to see what we're thinking
- fork the repository
- make a new git branch
- see the 'install with maven' section
- import into eclipse
- write code
- make commit
- submit pull request!
Notes for Contributors
- I have some idea of where I want to take this, so please make an issue before writing a pull request so we can discuss!
- I want to make sure terrain generation is randomly deterministic - that is, no repeated terrain yet no matter how a world is loaded all blocks will end up the same