An implementation of the OStatus protocol stack for node.js
*** Ongoing development on the master branch until I reach a first stable 0.1 release ***
Copyright (C) 2010 Laurent Eschenauer email@example.com
This is high on the todo list. For now, you'll have to look into the code to discover the API. You can also have a look at the command line tools to see some basic usages.
The following pieces of the protocol are implemented:
- Lookup a user account and return the user meta in a JSON format
- Rendering of host/user meta based on a JSON input object
- Subscribe/Unsubscribe to a topic on another hub
- Verify a subscription request from an other hub
- Distribute content to subscribers (with support for authenticated content distribution)
- Lookup and parse a hcard into a JSON object
- Render an hcard from a JSON object
- Fetch an atom feed with activitystream content and return a JSON representation of the stream. The JSON object is a valid activitystream JSON object.
- Render an atom feed from an array of activities in JSON
What is missing:
In the bin/ folder, you'll find a few simple command line clients for ostatus.
Display the last status update of someone: ./status firstname.lastname@example.org 2010-12-14T19:29:07+00:00 RT @support Repetitive email notifications are fixed now. Our apologies for the inconvenience.
Display the profile of someone ./profile email@example.com photo: http://avatar.identi.ca/1-96-20100903013814.jpeg nickname: evan fn: Evan Prodromou label: Montreal, Quebec, Canada url: http://evan.status.net/ note: Montreal hacker and entrepreneur. Founder of identi.ca, lead developer of StatusNet, CEO of StatusNet Inc.
The MIT License
Copyright (c) 2010 Laurent Eschenauer firstname.lastname@example.org
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.