Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Welcome ESIGate wiki pages
Table of Contents
Frequently Asked Questions : FAQ
Dev_Release_Procedure : How to release a new version of ESIGate
Dev_Bug_Fixing_Procedure : How to fix a bug (required steps)
ESI_syntax_and_ESIGate_extensions : supported ESI syntax
- #1 25/03/2013 @ Smile : Review of new features of Esigate 4 and Esigate roadmap
- #2 04/07/2013 @ Capgemini : Mantis ticket and code review
- Esigate server : update tutorial, switch to GET for status command, use apache-compatible status report
- Log : Log4j2 async logger looks greats for performance, but will wait for 1.0 release before investigating.
- Driver#proxy : return Httpresponse instead of sending directly response to the client
- Driver#proxy : investigate removing mediator usage within proxy method (issues : cookies, remoteUser, ...) maybe extend HttpRequest / Response https://sourceforge.net/apps/mantisbt/webassembletool/view.php?id=218
- Url rewritting : merge code used for all rewritting use case : headers, cookies, links in html content. ResourceFixupRenderer is a good starting point. https://sourceforge.net/apps/mantisbt/webassembletool/view.php?id=178
- HttpClient update : latest beta has one unit test regression. Need to investigate. https://sourceforge.net/apps/mantisbt/webassembletool/view.php?id=83
- Esigate filter : should be easy with the latest code in trunk. Important for 5.0 https://sourceforge.net/apps/mantisbt/webassembletool/view.php?id=74
- Performance unit test : fails on most systems -> issues with continuous integration and release. We need a better test, based on real-world testing. Move this test out of the main build. Investigate puppet usage to setup a performance test on any VM https://sourceforge.net/apps/mantisbt/webassembletool/view.php?id=168
- Cookie handling in async validation request : Flag request as sent in mediator. This way we don\'t need a change in HttpClient. https://sourceforge.net/apps/mantisbt/webassembletool/view.php?id=236
- CacheExtension : do not use too many options. The current code (not committed yet) may be too complicated. Need rework.
- #3 28/09/2013 @ Octo :
- Recent implementations and presentations show a lot of interest in using Esigate as a website revamping tool, combined with tools like JSoup. It allows to make major changes in website without touching existing code, while adding caching and more integration. We should write a blog post on this and try to get feedback from users.
- Default settings should be updated to prevent basic configuration/usage mistakes.
- New multi-threaded esi processing should replace the previous code, unless performance issues are found.
- We have one unfinished patch for HttpClient, should be completed ASAP.
- 2 new users listed on website. We know other live or soon-live major website using esigate -> need to get in touch with these companies to get their logo on the home page.
- Website shows increase in traffic. Spanish home page attracted Spanish-speaking visitors (x3 increase).
- multiple mappings on a single provider will be supported thanks to latests changes on DriverFactory.
- Metrics -used for esigate-server statistics- footprint is too big with default jetty integration when processing cached requests. Need remove some resource-intensive metrics .
- CI jobs allow to preview the website generated from svn.
- Need to integrate website generation (based on FAST) into the main build.
This is a community-managed list of sites using ESIGate. If you are using ESIGate internally or for publicly available websites, please consider adding your name/site name here.
- idmacif.fr : (from http://www.smile.fr/Clients/References-par-domaine/Banque-Assurance-et-Finance/idmacif)
- "one of the largest e-merchant site in Europe" (from http://chicago2011.drupal.org/sessions/architecture-legacy-mashup-drupal-massive-b2c-website)
- Carif-Oref : (from http://www.smile.fr/Clients/References-par-domaine/Public-et-Collectivites/Carif-Oref)
Since ESIGate is only using html comment tags, it should be compatible with any web application or web technology. The following list only shows frameworks and tools which are been used with ESIGate in successfully delivered projects.
- Java frameworks
- Struts 2
- eZ Publish
- Reverse proxies
Roadmap_Esigate_3 : Roadmap for ESIGate 3.0