Quick infra for OpenAI Universe agents
Building an RL agent is tough enough without having to deal with the infra.
NOTE: This is not super useful yet. Right now, it's just a faster way to set up a single host to run experiments on in EC2.
Prerequsites: Have Terraform, Packer installed. Have an AWS account.
- Create an AWS IAM role for Terraform. I gave it full admin rights, YMMV.
- Put the key & secret into single_host.json & terraform.tfvars.
- Bake an AMI using
packer build single_host.json, take the AMI ID from that and put it into
single_host.tf(and edit the subnet_id, key_name, and instance_type to appropriate values as well.)
terraform applyto create a host.
At the end, you should have a host, suitable for ssh'ing into, and for example running the Universe Starter Agent on.
terraform destroy& confirm to destroy the host.
- Add VPC, subnet & key setup to TF so that it handles that case.
- Set up Kubernetes in TF so that it can be used as a job processor.
- Set up Tensorflow / Tensorboard better.
- Archive/preserve data when done / scaling down hosts.