Python ncurses front-end for bitcoind. Uses the JSON-RPC API.
- esotericnonsense (Daniel Edgecumbe)
- Developed with python 3.6.2, Bitcoin Core 0.15.0.1
- PyPi packages: aiohttp and async-timeout (see requirements.txt)
- Updating monitor mode showing bitcoind's status, including:
- Current block information: hash, height, fees, timestamp, age, diff, ...
- Basic block explorer with fast seeking, no external DB required
- Basic transaction viewer with fast seeking, best with -txindex=1
- Ability to query blocks by hash, height; transactions by txid
- Wallet transaction and balance viewer
- Charting network monitor
- Peer/connection information
- Basic debug console functionality
Installation and usage
git clone https://github.com/esotericnonsense/bitcoind-ncurses2
pip3 install -r bitcoind-ncurses2/requirements.txt
or, on Arch Linux:
pacman -S python-aiohttp python-async-timeout
cd bitcoind-ncurses2 python3 main.py
bitcoind-ncurses2 will automatically use the cookie file available in ~/.bitcoin/, or the RPC settings in ~/.bitcoin/bitcoin.conf. To use a different datadir, specify the --datadir flag:
python3 main.py --datadir /some/path/to/your/datadir
This is an early development release and a complete rewrite of the original bitcoind-ncurses. Expect the unexpected.
Please report any problems using the Github issue tracker. Pull requests are also welcomed. The author, esotericnonsense, can often be found milling around on #bitcoin (Freenode).
If you have found bitcoind-ncurses2 useful, please consider donating.
All funds go towards the operating costs of my hardware and future Bitcoin development projects.